With summer just round the corner this is our chance to experiement with some tasty salads.
The roasted butternut salad will be a regular during the summer months at Unique Bootcamps. It's a real favourite with our trainers.
Loaded with superfoods this simple yet tasty salad can be pulled together in just over 30 minutes and perfect to show off with at a summer BBQ.
If your extra hungry after a workout then feel free to add some chicken breast or poached salmon.
For more infomation on what you could be in for on our bootcamps click here
1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
2 tsp olive oil
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1/4 cup of Walnuts
1/4 cup of Pumkin Seeds
1/4 cup of Pommegranite
If you wanted to add something extra you could add any of the following
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spread the squash over a large baking sheet, drizzle over the oil and bake for 30 mins or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in some boiling wateri for 5 minutes (it should still be crunchy)
3. Put the pumkin seeds, cashew nuts and walnuts in a frypan tossing occassionally for 2-3 minutes until warmed through.
3. Wash the spinach and place in the bottom of a deep tray or serving bowl.
4. Drain the brocoli well, then stir in the pommegranite, pumpkin seeds and walnuts with some seasoning.
5. Once the Squash it roasted (should easily be able to poke a fork in) place that on top of the squash before adding the broccoli, seed and nut mix.
6. Finish of with a drizzle of balsamic viniger and olive oil
Copyright Unique Bootcamps Ltd 2014